January 4, 2010

Work in Progress...a new series

Happy New Year to all!! I have a new resolution to make more art and blog about it! Thanks to all of you who do read my blog. I recently joined the SAQA Visioning project which I think will be a great learning experience for me. It's time to quit procrastinating and make more art and enter more shows. The two works-in-progress above are beginnings from two sketches I did inspired by my photographs of the beach. It's a new series! I actually have a third one on the design wall which isn't in this picture. I'm still tweaking them before any quilting begins. As you can see, there are fabric "guts" stuck to the design wall waiting to be used or tossed. Tomorrow, I will post about my process. Just wanted to get started on the blog posting today.

No comments: