July 19, 2007

Finished New Work














Here are two photos of my latest work that I am calling "Squared Away 1" I think it will be a series of squares. This is the first piece I have made since my studio makeover so it is appropriately named in celebration of my quilt supplies being squared away. My things are not "perfectly" stored away, thus the abstract. I still have some fine tuning to do on the studio. The photo below is a detail shot. I also got my Bernina back into my machine cabinet and used it to quilt. I did have to tweak the tension a bit, but it was a trooper and quilted just fine. I used Sulky Blendables size#12 on top and So Fine by Superior Threads in the bobbin. I decided to quilt curves to break up the sharpness of the straight lines in the quilt.

3 comments:

McIrish Annie said...

Vivian, as always, beautiful work. I am a lover of squares don't know why, so this piece really speaks to me. and the colors are lovely

Samantha said...

I love that one curved line with your squares- wonderful!

Lorraine said...

Oh this one just hits me in the heart. Something about those particular shaeds -- blue and rusty brown -- just gorgeous. And I love the quilt design too.
Lorraine