April 18, 2008

New Quilt

" Strawberries"

Here's my latest little quilt. I actually finished it two weeks ago and then lost it! I finally found it between two magazines that I had put in a cabinet. LOL! It is stamped with rug hooking canvas and the background has a stamped image I carved. I decided to take a journey on my machine quilting. I usually do curves or some sort of curve. This time I wanted to try straighter lines, so this one incorporates that adventure in machine quilting. I like this and will try to quilt more like this. The size is 7" x 8".
Strawberries is my abstract version of a field of strawberries. One day it is green and then suddenly it all changes into a beautiful field dotted with white blossoms, red and pink berries, and bits of gold. And because this quilt represents change, I am using it for the April theme, "change" for the Take It Further Challenge.

4 comments:

McIrish Annie said...

never would have thought of using rug weaving canvas for stamping! what a great idea!! I love the strawberry quilt. It definitely works for TIF

Meg in Tennessee said...

wonderful project, I like the way it turned out. Sounds like you are enjoying the "Change" challenge.

neki desu said...

Great project!Lots of visual movement

neki desu

Vivian said...

Thanks for the nice comments on my little strawberry quilt!