May 11, 2009

New Work and happenings...

Three of a Kind

Three of a Kind (detail)
This is one of my latest works. This is inspired from a photo I took of the pears that grew on my little pear tree when I lived in Ohio. I took many photos of them, rearranging them in singles and pairs and by three. When I finally got around to cutting one to eat...they weren't that tasty. But they did make wonderful subjects for art quilts. Techniques used: machine embroidery, fabric painting, machine appliqué, free motion quilting and chalking. Materials used: textile paint, acrylic paint, chalks, hand-dyed fabric, commercial fabric, fusible web and cotton batting. Tomorrow, I will post another pear quilt in which I used painted fabrics.
When I woke this morning, I had ten reasons why I haven't blogged sooner, but the number one reason was a hard drive crash. Luckily, my hubby had just built me a new computer. He was able to transfer the files from my old computer and after a few tweaks, I'm back again. This new computer is so much faster which makes blogging so much easier! So, I look forward to sharing lots of new creations and happening with you.
As always, I welcome your comments and thanks for visiting my blog!





3 comments:

Susan Nash said...

ok, so I guess you had a good reason for not posting sooner....sorry for my previous gripe!!
LOVE the pears...they were worth the wait!

Anonymous said...

Linda M in BC

Oh these pears are lovely indeed.
The colour and composition just beautiful, great job Vivian.

Vivian said...

Thanks! I love pears! (as a lot of you know).