September 22, 2009

Knitting Insanity


I have been knitting a lot lately.  Maybe because I traveled a lot this summer and I like to take a small knitting project along with me.  Or maybe it all started when we suspected our cat had used the internet to order cat food.  (We had cat food waiting in our mailbox when we returned from our trip to OH)  You have to do something to maintain your insanity.  Just like quilting, I can't settle on one thing to make and always have several projects brewing.  The one above is going to be a throw using my yarn stash and sock yarn.  One strand of any kind of solid color held together with one strand of sock yarn using size 13 circular needles. (29").  I love how the sock yarn adds surprises of color.  It's a "scrap quilt" type of throw.  I will just keep adding colors and yarn until I like the size.  After it is done, I will crochet an edging to keep it from curling (it's done in stockinette).  I like these kind of projects when I am watching TV.  Funny thing is, I can knit in my sleep.  I wake up and see some good stitches and a few bad ones that I have to redo. 



This one is a scarf I started in a rib stitch using size 10 1/2 needles and chunky wool yarn.  I must be expecting a blizzard this winter because look at the hats I knit below!  I made two hats in two days.  I love to knit hats and find them easy peasy. 

This is my new tote bag to be knit from Noro Kuryeon yarn.  It is wool, so the above picture is after I felted it.  As you can see, I am using wool to knit I-cord for the handles.  I hope to line it and use it for toting my knitting when I travel.  (Or it will make a really warm hand warmer for winter on the metro).    The picture below is before it was felted and shrunk so much.

Here it is knit before felting in stockinette using circular needle.  It is called The Boogie Bag and the pattern is free on Ravelry.  Time for me to end this post, the cat is eyeing me...I think I see a tiny credit card in her paw. 

No comments: