December 31, 2006

A Quick Journal Cover



Something new for something old...My worn journal/sketchbook was looking pretty rough so I decided to make a new cover for it. This is the result. I didn't want to make this one highly embellished as it is the journal that I throw in the car, make quick notes in and sometimes fall asleep writing in it. I just glued the paper on, did some stamping, distressing and a bit of stitching. Sometimes you have to do something simple to jumpstart your creativity.

We had a most wonderful Christmas with our children and our granddogs. They drove here all the way from Ohio. They gave us a most wonderful Christmas gift...a gift certificate to our favorite ocean front resort on Ocean Isle Beach, NC. I will post later all the pictures of our new grand dog, Barley...he is adorable...and our ever adorable grand dog, Betty Boop.

Santa was so very nice to me. I even got my favorite paper dolls...The Lennon Sisters!! My favorite since I was 5 years old!

I'm hope all of you have a wonderful and Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the journal cover. Wonderful colors and design. Have fun in NC.