November 12, 2008

New Quilt

Here it is, all quilted and finished. I will mount it on stretched canvas to hang it. (I have two canvases painted and drying..different colors.) You can click on the picture for a detail. It's only 5"x 7", hand dyed and commercial fabrics. I machine quilted heavily. I don't have a name for it, yet, but this is the one I kept thinking of each morning and never got around to making. I really like this one! It was fun to quilt, too. I may even rotate it before I'm done, haven't decided, yet.

Today was the day of freaky Fridays and it's not Friday. My hubby's car lost a headlight and then, when he left work late last night, the car had a flat tire. Luckily, the security guard had a can of fix-a-flat and it got him to a gas station to air up the tire. So, poor car with a broken leg and one eye missing, went to the shop today. Two weeks ago, it had to have a major organ transplant...we had to call the medics (AAA) to put in a new battery (for the car, not the hubby). I met him this afternoon to switch cars and prepare to sit in the repair shop until it was fixed. We had lunch and he got a call it was all fixed before we finished. That was good news. But then, Freaky Friday continued...when I got home, ready to stitch, I noticed my lamp in my studio wouldn't stand up, I picked it up and the entire bottom fell out and was broken into a million pieces. Weirdness...it is one of those lamps that has a weighted bottom. So, half of my studio is dark until I can get a new lamp. At least the mystery is cleared up about what is really inside those pole lamps. (You don't want to know.)

No comments: