September 10, 2009

This Quilt's For Me!

My New Quilt

Quilted details


Quilted Details
Back of quilt

This is a lap size quilt that I made using Fresh Air by Chez Moi for Moda. I had bought a few packets of the 5" squares several years ago while visiting the Bernina shop across the way from Mary Jo's in North Carolina. I decided it would be my vegging out quilt...nothing but squares sewn together. I managed to piece it between art quilts and finally machine quilted it last month. The thread is variegated Star thread by Coats and Clark. I quilted it on my Bernina and loved the way the thread blended with the colors. The fabric design reminds me of the crazy 70's. I swear I had dresses that looked like this quilt. Of course those dresses were double knit or polyester. Maybe that's why I made it my own. It will be nice to snuggle in while watching TV and knitting. Hmmm...now if I could just find my pep squad pom poms...


No comments: