October 11, 2006

Lots of Stuff

Wow, I realize I haven't posted in a while. Our daughter was visiting this week and we were busy most of the time. We had a great time. We went shopping, to the movies, out to eat and one day we went to The Waterford Fair in Waterford, VA. It is so awesome! It is a historical town built by the Quakers. Most of the homes were built in the 1700's. We got to tour 6 of the homes. I love seeing and hearing how they lived during that time. The craft fair was so upscale! Lots of artisans there. http://www.waterfordva.org/calendar/fair/fair.shtml This is the website for the town. It was raining cats and dogs that day and good thing we drove the SUV. We parked in a farmers field and mud was the main ingredient! We actually slid down the hill. But we had a great time! In fact, Vern and I went the next day after we dropped Traci off at the airport. He enjoyed it, too. We got to see 5 different homes. He especially enjoyed the map maker's maps.
The movie Traci and I saw on Thursday was "The Guardian". What a great movie! But it's one of those when you think "this is the end, wow, how great!" it keeps going and I didn't like the ending.
This is the weekend we are picking up Taylor. I bought her new toys. One is a mouse that rattles, crinkles and has such a cute face. I see that it has catnip in it, too. I am making her some new toys that are stuffed with batting and have long yarn on the ends....they are fish! I hope she likes them. I have to introduce her to the color "pink" as she is use to living with two guys. The only pink she sees is when one of their girlfriends visits. Tomorrow, I am going to look for a nice cat carrier for her...hopefully it will be pink, too. Ok, enough talking tonight. Tomorrow, I will try to post pictures of the new ribbons I just bought at G-Street fabrics.

No comments: