November 17, 2006

Art Quilt Done!

Today, I finished machine quilting this quilt and sewed on the binding. I decided such a bright quilt needed black/white binding for a contrast. I may still add some embellishments to it. I usually can't resist a bead or two or twenty. I used YLI machine quilting thread, varigated, and I must say it is not my favorite. I had trouble with it all the way through from tension to breakage. Maybe my lovable Juki TL98E just doesn't like the thread. But it is finished and hanging back on the bulletin board.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, please leave comments...thanks for viewing my blog. :)

Anonymous said...

I love the layers of color! Good job, and you're right, it needed the black and white binding.

Aurora said...

Hi--welcome to blogging! I love seing how much this quilt was changed by the addition of the quilting & binding--the b & w binding really sets off those bright colors.
really great and cheerful!

Carole said...

I Love this piece,but then am a lover of color! Nice job. I echo your sentiments re: YLI and variegated in particular. When mine is gone, it is GONE!!! I do NOT like the 'patches' the different thread colors make.
Keep up your work and keep sharing.
Carole
www.wyndhavenartandquilts.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Hi Vivi!!! I love it all!!

Deborah Boschert said...

Love the stripey binding. Great job.