April 5, 2007

Creativity Starters








This past week, I haven't done much with fabric. I needed to finish some deadlines for quilts but just couldn't get in the art mood. So, I turned to paper, cardstock, glue, etc. just to get an art start. I have found that when I get in a mood not to create with fabric, I make ATC's! Here are the pictures of several series I made in two days. And also some cards I just finished in a flash. I have been in a learning mode for the past several months since I am no longer working outside my home. I have studied tons of books, taken classes and experimented with my art. Making small projects when I need a jump start is one thing I have learned to do. After I make these ATCs (my creativity kick starts), I was able to concentrate on a quilt project, and today, I finished the background! I think the connection is having a finished project and these small works of art as I call them start my creativity for larger projects. On a funny note, I attended a business seminar today and when it was my "turn" to stand and state what I do, I said, "I'm a fiber artist"....talk about deer in headlights!! I actually had to explain what it was.




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love all your cards. Can't believe they were quick to make. They're beautiful.

sewslo said...

Love your Studio Threads.
Everything is beautiful

Wenche said...

I love your cards. They bring some new ideas to me as well.