October 25, 2006

New Journal Cover


This is the new book cover I created for an online workshop I am taking. The class is "You Think You Know Me?" by Shimelle. It is all about making a journal that explores 10 different emotions. I am (of course) a bit behind, but Shimelle also tells us to work in our own time frame. I just happened to find this Basic Grey paper at the scrapbook store. I used cardboard as the base and glued the paper onto the front and back. I stamped on it with some neat stamps and embellished with things I had on hand. In the upper right hand corner are my initials. The binding is stick binding. The size of my journal is 6" x 8". Now I can't wait to get started with the inside pages. I am going to Quilt Market this weekend with my friends so I may have to wait to start the pages until I return on Monday. It's a fun class! Classes like this always jumpstart my creativity. I think I have been collecting embellishments, paints, etc. for a long time just waiting for that special project. But, today I realized that collections of such things are only passed on, unopened and unused, so I should use them to create beautiful things that I will enjoy today!

No comments: