November 30, 2006

Traci's Table Decorations (My Talented Daughter)





The first picture is of my daughter's table set for Thanksgiving dinner in Columbus, OH. Traci and Mike hosted our family get together this year. We had a wonderful family time. I just had to take pictures of her table decorations. She is so very creative and innovative. I loved the way she tied ribbons around the twig branches and then ribbons around the dinner napkins. (I hope the pictures will enlarge if you click on them so you can see the details). Even Betty had a matching ribbon on her collar. (Betty Boop is our Boston Terrier granddog). They bought their first home and it was an occasion to use their wedding china and crystal. The last picture is of my beautiful daughter, Traci, and me sitting on our steps here in Virginia when she came to visit us in September.

I have been creating since I returned from our Thanksgiving visit. I've made several ATC's and experimented with some package tape transfers. My daughter keeps encouraging me to make some things to sell at shops. I just have to get up the courage. Actually, I just bought a new book that I am reading: Write It Down, Make It Happen by Henriette Anne Klauser (I got mine from Amazon.com. It is a great book about how writing down your goals is the first step to achieving them. If your goals are visual (written down) your brain starts seeing ways to achieve them...sort of like getting a new red car and suddenly you see so many red cars just like yours...you weren't thinking of red cars before you got yours. Well, this is my synopsis of what I have read so far.

My husband and I just read together a great book: The Camel Club by David Baldacci. It is an on-the-edge-of-your-seat kind of novel. We read to each other in the car during a long trip. When we got back to Virginia, we stayed up late reading the ending as it was so intriguing.

We stayed with our son, Matt, who lives in our house in Columbus. He has it decorated so nice, it looks far better than when we lived in it. He is a great host. He bought us vegetarian food and all sorts of treats to try. I'm sorry to say, the pictures I took did not turn out well or I would post them on the blog. I will have to take some others. It was a wonderful Thanksgiving, 2006.

2 comments:

Elle said...

i love the little pumpkin planters on the steps...

Vivian said...

Thank you! My friend, Becky, made that for me as a house warming gift. It is a plastic pumpkin that she cut and then planted pansies inside.