March 19, 2007

"Inchies" are the rage...






I am currently signed up for two different inchies swaps. This is a picture of a sampling of one of the swaps. "Inchies" are 1" square works of art. They are made of paper, fabrics, paints, collages and just about anything goes. The ones pictured here (I made 20 of them) are made of a collage background of tissue papers, map images, paints and gel medium all backed on 140# watercolor paper. I then randomly embossed them with copper embossing powder. (I love using that heat gun.) Then, I edged them in copper leafing and gold leafing. The word "hope" is stamped and of course I had to add the dragonfly. These are fun to do! But I do find them very difficult to photograph. I tried scanning them, but due to shiny gel medium or objects, they don't scan well on my scanner. I can't wait to see the ones I get in return. If you do a google search for "inchies" you will be amazed at what you find.

6 comments:

McIrish Annie said...

Vivian your inchies are beautiful. I would think that working in that size could actually be harder than something in a bigger scale. They are great!!

Patty M said...

Beautiful Eyecandy and congratulations on being published.

Anonymous said...

I love your "inchies"! How does one get into a swap such as this one? It might be the thing for me right now.

Vivian said...

Thanks Amy :) the two groups I am swaping with are arttechniques group and Cloth, Paper, Studio on Yahoo groups. Also do a Google search and you will come up with great eye candy for inchies.

Sandy said...

Beautiful inchies. The swap participants will love them!

Anonymous said...

These inchies are gorgeous.