March 23, 2007

New Work Posted


I think this is one of my favorite pieces so far. I haven't decided on a name for it, yet, but it will come to me. The size is 7 1/2" x 8 3/4". This is a result of using fabric I did not originally like. The maroon color fabric is a fat quarter that I had in my stash forever but never liked the color. The painted, stamped piece is a result of what I did to it. Then, I cut it into squares which made it much more interesting and placed them on a black background to make a quilt. Now I love it! It is machine quilted. I think I will do a series of these.

This is the fabric result after and before














On to even more exciting news: I am going to a seminar for starting your own business in my area. I want to find out all the legal details before I begin and this is the best way. There is so much paper work, licenses, tax info, etc. More later when I get closer to launching it. But it's a big step for me and my family will be glad I finally got started on it. They keep encouraging me to do this.

5 comments:

Lori (A.K.A. Elkhoundmom) said...

Gorgeous! It is wonderful how you transformed fabric you didn't like into this piece of art. I will be looking forward to hearing more about your business.

Anonymous said...

I love what you did with this piece. The lighter paint color and stamp image gave the darkness of the maroon more impact and I like how you cut it up and rearranged it in a grid.

Anonymous said...

vlkeeqI like this piece very much and it makes me want to cut up some of my fat quarters. Are they 1 1/2 " blocks?

Great
Anna

Vivian said...

Thanks for the nice comments! The squares are 1 1/4".

brendaj said...

Hi Vivian; remember us here in Ohio? It's nice to see what you are up to. Looks great!

Brenda Jennings (Off our Blocks)