August 15, 2007

Inchies are back

I just finished making this new set of inchies for a swap. It is mostly all done using pigment or dye ink. I used a 1" and a 3/4" punch this time. It really saved a lot of time. I use to cut them all by measuring with a ruler and using a rotary cutter. You wouldn't believe how many I threw away from not quite cutting it straight. Now, it's just a simple punch!

I have been making a list of what to take to the beach when we go on vacation in 10 days. Our hotel room or I should say beach bungalow has a full kitchen so that makes it easy for us to cook our meals. One thing we have found out is that vegetarian meals are hard to find in lots of restaurants near the ocean. So we take extra cooking items. I love the big rocking chairs they have on the deck outside each room. We love to sit there at night watching the ocean and listening to the waves. Here is a recipe that I will share with you that is so easy and yummy, too!

Italian Sausage Feast
(2) Boca veggie Italian sausages cut into 1/4" slices
(1) Red Bell Pepper (or yellow or orange) cut into 1" chunks
(1) Green Bell Pepper cut into 1" chunks
(1) medium onion cut into 1" chunks
1/2 tsp. basil (add more if you really love it)
salt and pepper to taste
Cook the veggie sausage slices in oil, flipping to brown a bit on both sides. Add the peppers, onions and basil. Cook on medium heat, stirring until veggies are a bit tender.
Serves 2-3.
Serve with Mashed Cauliflower
Here's how I make it: I steam one package of frozen cauliflower until tender. Use the spray margarine...spray 6 sprays into the cauliflower. Add a bit of Fat Free half and half cream. Whip with a mixer. (I use a hand held blender). You won't be able to tell the difference in this and potatoes.

1 comment:

Susan Lenz said...

Hi!
The inchies are really cute. Have a great time by the beach!
Susan