August 2, 2007

Work-In-Progress



This is what I am obsessed with this week. This is my WIP of the flower quilt I am making from a photo I took in my garden. This is only the beginning...no stitching yet, only a preliminary layout on my design wall. This one is very intriguing to me. I've already had to paint more fabric (the gray) for shading. I think the fun part will be when I start to quilt it and add the machine embroidery for details. This quilt is larger than most of the ones I do lately. There are two more flowers and leaves to add and a border before I'm done. Should be fun!

We went shopping last night at Petsmart! We bought Emma a collar and leash with white bones on a red background. And we got her a red comfort harness for walking. They had soooo many pink collars (and she may just get one of those, too) but I thought the red would be cute. I'm not sure her dad will want to walk her with a pink leash and collar...LOL! We can't wait to get her! We got a nice crate (kennel) for her. We already have a sweet pink bed that has"Princess" on it. Scroll down the page if you forgot how cute Emma is! I have to make her a quilt, too! I did look for cute puppy fabric at G-Street fabrics but they only had a few choices. I bet I have some here from the days I worked in the quilt shop.

Thanks to everyone for the nice comments on my blog. I wish Blogger would let me reply to each of you, but alas, it is not to be. But I do so appreciate the comments.

Back to the design wall and I have a berry dessert in the oven (made with oats, brown sugar Splenda and butter.) Yum! It's such an easy dessert.




No comments: