September 20, 2007

Setacolor Paintings



Today, I am posting pictures of the recent landscapes I painted using Setacolor transparent paints. At this point, they are unfinished and will need borders, quilting and embellishing. These are done on PFD fabrics (Prepared for Dyeing). Setacolor is tricky to use as you have to control the bleeding of the color into areas it shouldn't go in. But I am happy with the way these two evolved. After painting them, I placed them in the sun to develop. I will probably do some sun prints for the borders or I may use some of my hand dyed fabrics. I am amazed at how soft the fabric is after painting. After our time at the beach, I have lots of new ideas to keep me busy for awhile.

1 comment:

McIrish Annie said...

I have done some painting with setacolor and the bleeding can be a problem. Your pieces are great! I have used a resist for silk fabric that helped with the bleeding if you know the areas where you don't want paint. But your pieces turned out wonderful.