May 3, 2007

Postcard Quilts


These are three postcard size quilts that I just made. They are for a class, "Self-Expressions Studio" that I am taking. The size is 4" x 6". I first cut the background 4 1/2" x 6 1/2". Then, I ironed wonder-under to the fabrics and cut out the shapes randomly. After ironing the pieces to the background, I backed it with Warm N' Natural batting and did a bit of quilting. Then, I backed it with watercolor paper and used a zig zag stitch for the edging. These may go in a frame or I can mail them as postcards.


It's a nice day here, but a bit chilly...only in the 60's, sort of like the California weather last week. I just took a long walk (on my daily to do list, now). I hope I can start running again soon. After our move, I was a slug and now I have to get back to exercising again. Hopefully, more art tomorrow.

5 comments:

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

These are gorgeous!

Lori (A.K.A. Elkhoundmom) said...

Wonderful!

Anonymous said...

These are wonderful cards!

Sarah said...

Wow! Great cards!

Sandra Wyman said...

Love these! I did SE Studio earlier this year - what a wonderful class!