May 2, 2007

WIP ready to quilt

Here is one of my latest pieces I am doing for a class. It needs to be quilted. I sometimes think the quilting process is what brings it to life. I don't have a name for it, yet. Sometimes that comes to me as I am sewing on the binding. I also finished up two journal quilts today (they needed binding). It was a productive day for me...I also made three postcard size quilts. I will post a picture of them tomorrow when it's day time and the lighting is better for a photo. The postcard quilts were fun and I tried to stay with muted colors but it was hard to achieve that goal. I found a container of great fabrics that were still unpacked from the move...now that felt like Christmas morning! My studio is fairly stuffed, but I don't think I would like it any other way...I like my things in sight. I like all the fabrics in the shelves and my bulletin board filled with cards and letters from friends. The walls in my studio have my quilts displayed on them. I have a vision board that I recently added. It has, of course, a Boston Terrier puppy on it (OK, it has three pictures of Boston Terrier puppies). : )

2 comments:

Lori (A.K.A. Elkhoundmom) said...

Gorgeous! I love the colors you have used.

Anonymous said...

Great fabrics and color in this quilt!