September 24, 2007

Fabric Dyeing!



Here are the results of dyeing more fabrics. This time I used an unbleached muslin (not Perma-Press). I'm not as happy with the results as when I used Kona's PFD (Prepared for Dyeing) muslin. But they are quite usable. I managed to squeeze in a few hours while hubby babysat for Emma so I could dye fabric. I didn't want her to be a bright pink puppy. I did manage to dye just one of my fingers a bright red. Apparently, there was a tiny hole in my rubber glove. Today, it is just around the nail bed so that it looks like a badly injured finger. Oh well, I will just put a Bandaid on it if I have to go anywhere today. I am off to make a new puppy quilt and work on an art quilt. Happy Monday!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Hi Vivian! Emma is adorable and those fabrics are gorgeous! I'm hoping to get my dyes out soon. I usually end up smudging blue dye on my face somewhere, and spend a week with people asking me how I got the bruise!

DubiQuilts - Debbi said...

Your dyed fabrics turned out great!

When I dye fabrics in the back yard one of the four dogs gets color stripes.