September 23, 2007

Pretty Things






Yesterday, I went to the Offray Ribbon outlet store in Hagerstown, MD. Wow! I was a bit overwhelmed. So many bargains! I had read about it in the Washington Post and then heard about it from a fellow artist. Spools of ribbon for 10 cents, 25 cents and less. I put it all out on my work table just to see how pretty it looks. I got all of this for $30 plus tax. Most of the ribbons are fabric so I can use them in my quilts and other creations. Some of my family and friends may see their B-day gifts wrapped in these delightful ribbons. They even had a all you can stuff in a bag for $1.09. I managed to get the piles of wide, satin ribbon in the bag. I like to tie up my quilts in this ribbon whenever I give a quilt as a gift. The most I paid was for the 53 yard spool of fabric ribbon that looks a tape measure was $7.95. OK, now that I've bored you with my pretty things, I must get to work. I am dyeing some more fabric today!

2 comments:

Vicki W said...

Oh my - what fun!!! Where is this place? Are they open all the time or is this just an infrequent event.

Suzanne Earley said...

Wow! Lucky you! It looks like Christmas!