October 23, 2007

New WIP

Emma

Taylor

These are the two drawings I did of Emma and Taylor on canvas. They are ready to paint and stitch. This is part of a class assignment I am taking from Jane LaFazio at Joggles.com. She has some awesome work on her website ...check it out. I'm totally loving this class because I love to use mixed media in my work. I decided to use Emma & Taylor as my models...just because I think they are so cute. Now, let's see if I can finish the two quilts and still have a resemblance of the originals.

For those of you that read my post of Oct. 17, Cover Up, and were curious, the famous person was Bill Clinton. (This is my only quilt to actually finish from QSDS). LOL!

I just joined a art quilt theory group at my local quilt shop. Most of them have been meeting for years and do awesome work. I sort of squeezed in and am really glad to be part of the group.

I'm off to paint! It is suppose to rain a bit here today! Yippee!!

2 comments:

Susan Lenz said...

Hi!
I just wanted to leave a comment to say that I've so enjoyed catching up with your blog. I've been away and busy but have loved seeing all your dying, you precious dog, and the work you've been doing now that I had a few moments to spend quietly on line. Thanks for caring and sharing!
Susan

Vivian said...

Thank you, Susan, for the nice comments about my blog. I appreciate it!

Vivian :)