March 25, 2009

It's All About Aqua...

Detail of Ladder( I started the quilting)

As you can see below, I have been rather busy. I moved my studio to the third floor! I really love it there...yes, it's a bit smaller, but it actually feels roomier because I'm not sharing the room with my computer desk or HQ16 table. And, the best part...I painted it a color I love...a lovely aqua color. It's bright, cheery and makes me want to create. I also have my machine in front of the window so the light is terrific! One of the nice things about moving an entire room is that I can organize it. I know what I will use for my art quilts and only those things went in there.

New Studio with Emma


My sewing machine in front of the windows
I will have to include a picture of the other side with the closets...seems I missed taking that one. Below are pictures of the before dark color when it was a guest room. (We moved the guest room to my old studio). I probably failed to mention that the move to the third floor was my birthday gift from my hubby. : ) That's all I wanted and wow, was it hard work! Carrying all that stuff up the flights of stairs was tricky and gave us a workout! We did it all in a weekend, including the painting. I still have a bit of tweaks such as painting over spackling where I filled nail holes, but it's ready enough for quilting.

Vern & Emma prepping the walls for new paint

Hmmm....what is that thing?
And finally, a picture of the Incredible Edible basket of fruit my daughter sent me for my birthday. My birthday was St. Patrick's Day and I received wonderful cards and gifts from friends and family. Thanks! : )

7 comments:

Cheryl L said...

Vivi, I love your new space, but then I loved your old space, too! I can imagine that was quite a workout to get all the stuff moved up two flights of stairs! So, what happened to the HQ16?

Anonymous said...

Love it Vivi!!! That Vern is one awesome guy.
I especially like the guard dog in that first pic.
Can't wait to see you in April.

McIrish Annie said...

Vivian, what a great birthday present! I must say that as an irish girl, i am jealous of your bday!! LOL

we just moved my studio down the hall and know how much work that was and there were no stairs involved!!

your room looks fabulous

Monica said...

The color is pretty.

Michelle said...

Your new studio is just gorgeous! Happy late birthday and happy creating!

Vivian said...

Thanks, all, for the nice comments about my studio! I really love the sun that is coming in today! I did more mq yesterday than I have in a long time. I still need to hang some quilts on the walls.

Diane said...

It's a good thing you had all those extra ladders to help you with the move... love the aqua ladders the best. The aluminum ones - not so much! The new studio looks devine.
One of the girls got one of those fruit bouquets at work and demolished it in a few hours. Delicious!