February 27, 2007

The Inner Artist

This use to be a UFO (unfinished object) that has now become a finished object! I am currently taking an online class from Myrna Giesbrecht called "Self Expressions". I highly recommend it. It is teaching me to listen to my inner artist. This little piece had become just another piece in a pile of pieces started but never finished because there was something I didn't like about it. So I added more embellishments, used my Pebbles chalks, re-inked the leaves, added a binding and just let my inner artist take over to complete it. I named it "Moon River" because the song has always represented a peaceful time to me. I actually felt peace when I just let go and followed my inner muse on this one. It will hang in my studio to remind me of peaceful times. (The quilt size is 8 1/2" x 11")

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't think I would ever get tired of looking at this quilt. The color and the movement are so pleasing to me. Your work is gorgeous. --Susan C.

Anonymous said...

Vivian,
I'm a fellow classmate at QU. Just wanted to say that I really like this piece. There is lots to discover. I particularly like how the leaves are enclosed in a bubble in the quilting. A lovely touch.
Ruth

Vivian said...

Thank you for the nice comments on my quilt. Moon River has always been a favorite song of mine.