November 27, 2007

Back to my Art

Wool Felted leaves

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! We ate way too much food, but it was delicious! No turkeys were harmed...we had a vegetarian meal.

Here is a new challenge you might be interested in joining: Take It Further. It's a fiber art sort of challenge. I just joined and hopefully it will inspire my creative muse to do more. It will be something to look forward to for the new year.
The "wool felted leaves" is part of a class assignment I did in a class I took from Jane LaFazio. We were to create something from felted wool. This will probably be a pin cushion. It is hand stitched...whew...took me forever and I was a bit rusty. The class is now over, but I still have two more projects to complete.

Susan, in answer to where I am from....Yes, I am a Buckeye, too! Go Bucks!

4 comments:

Susan Lenz said...

Hi!
The felted leaves are ever so pretty and soft. The buttonhole stitching is perfect too. Your sense of color has created a delightful work, somewhere between autumn and spring.
Susan
PS...Rah! Rah! Rah! This season has been so strange. Now we are rooting for teams to lose in order to back into a national championship game...and Steve already wants to drive to New Orleans!
Go Bucks!

Susan...Medieval and Renaissance Studies BA in 1981
Steve...MS in Atmospheric Studies '81 and PhD in Civil Engineering in '86 (He quit engineering three years later to work for me at Mouse House, a custom picture framing shop I'd started!)

Rachel Murphree said...

Vivian -- I really love these...the blend of colors is so beautiful. Love the star ornament too...nice and simple and probably like potato chips, can't eat/make just one! Rachel (from Clothpaperstudio)

Vivian said...

Susan, go Bucks! Did you watch the AR vs LSU game?? What a game! AR beat #1 ranked team! So, OSU is back on top!

Vivian said...

Thanks, Rachel! They are so easy to make, but look complicated...I don't think anyone would notice any mistakes in these, so they are fun to make!